The World Health Organization (WHO) recently declared that the coronavirus outbreak is a global pandemic. According to them, the virus has spread to more than 121,000 people from Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States.
The virus is spread like a common cold, and precautions and prevention are similar to those of a cold:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you sneeze or cough.
**ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS ARE:
- Maintain at least 3 feet from anyone who is sneezing or coughing.
- Use face masks ONLY if you are sick or caring for someone who is.
It’s our government’s responsibility to provide us with pertinent information. There isn’t too much that we, as individual citizens, can do to circumvent the outbreak. But it is paramount that we exercise caution, perform due diligence to maintain a healthy body, mind, and spirit, by eating a healthy diet, protect your immune system, and remain positive. All in all, it is essential to maintain a state of well-being so that we can continue to live our best lives with caution.